Spring 2011 Trends

Pages

Search for all your fashion needs!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Your Inner Soldier- Fall Trend #2


I let a very cute military inspired jacket go! Nooo. I saw it at Marshalls and thought "Ooohh I'll just come back for it". Bad. Very bad. It was gone next time. Sad.

I realized that while I won't be able to show off a cute new jacket, I do have a look that exudes military.


Army green dress with gold buckles and pockets. I paired it with boots (would be great with over the knee boots too!) and a cardi. I also threw on some gold bangles. 
 
I took off the sweater for a more going out look. Ps. This is my "blogging area" aka sun room.


It's time for you to get in touch with your inner soldier.


 This is actually my favorite look, b/c it has a touch of the military fashion. It is not overdone and I like that. This jacket, Sgt. Pepper Jacket ($29.99) is from K-Mart *gasp*. I haven't been to K-Mart since I was a kid, but this makes me want to check it out again!


Forever21 dress (under $25). This kind of dress with some accessories (as shown) and you've got a great feminized military look!


Also Forever21 (under $25). I like how casual this one looks. Could be worn with jeans or even a skirt or dress....It instantly adds that look without having to do much more!
 Pair this Modcloth skirt with an over-sized sweater, tights and boots...bingo!

I thought I wouldn't be into the cargo look (considering that I always try and talk my hubby out of wearing cargo shorts haha), but I am pleasantly surprised by these from Forever21. Paired with the right shoes and accessories I definitely think this is a good item to own.


Naughty Monkey boots. The buttons make it military!

Some people are more courageous when it comes to trying new things in fashion. I haven't been able to see myself wearing these. I tend to lean more towards the classic look (sometimes I wish I would push myself a little bit more to try more fashion statements), but for those of you that have a little bit more OOMPH...sporting these this season may work for you! Btw, these are Marc Jacobs (maybe another reason I don't see myself wearing them. $$ haha).



Add a watch!

So there it is. It is as easy as throwing on a jacket! Don't try too hard...you can make it work easily. :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the military look - something about army green gets me all excited. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Kmart's new look in this month's Vogue and was pleasantly surprised too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totaly still in love with this look! Hope it last for ever!!
    www.skippinginheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

For kicks n' giggles!

Related Posts with Thumbnails