Search for all your fashion needs!
Friday, August 13, 2010
Recyling Outfits. It's ok! Promise.
I just spent an AMAZING weekend in DC with some of my favorite people. I do mean amazing too. It was truly the best time...perfect really. I may still be catching up on sleep, but it doesn't matter. It was way more than worth it. I heart you all!
Anyways, one topic of conversation stuck with me and I thought "I need to blog about this!". We were talking about wearing an outfit to an event only once and someone snaps a pic of you...DONE. You can't wear it again. I think yes & no. Why? It is quite frustrating that you invest in an outfit only to wear it once and then you quickly stuff it in the back of your closet to never see the light of day again. Boo. I say no.
I think it's time to think about this. It's not only a waste of money, but also a misuse of a perfectly good article of clothing! There has to be something we can all do to stop this madness!
How about "recycling", ladies? Now, here's what I mean...don't get all worried that I want you to convert your clothing by snipping and sewing. Haha. When you do wear that new dress or garment to something don't just toss it aside after wards to never be worn again. Yes, maybe wait maybe a few months to dig it up again (just to make sure there is a buffer time for people to forget a little :-p). After you muster up the courage to dig it up again pretend like it's something completely new. You can make it new! Yes, you really can. I believe in you.
Think about how you can spruce it up. Add a new look to it...something different from last time. Maybe something to go over it like a jacket, blazer or cardi. A necklace? Shoes?...even a pair of solid tights. I think that even wearing your hair and make-up differently may throw people off from ever thinking you dared to step out in an "old" look.
Take a look...
If Beckham can, so can you! Look, all she did was mix up her bag and hair.
She did it again! She's even a celeb. Honestly, I wouldn't notice it was the same...she changed it up with simple things.
This is a great example b/c if you have a wedding to attend or some other special event you can change it like this. Hayden simply changed the shoes and added a belt. Oh, and her hair!
Audrina has a great look here. Sandal swap! She could even do a pump with this to change it even more.
Becky Newton didn't even change ONE thing. Yes, yes I am sure the fashion police went wild about this, but who cares. She looks fabulous! If you look amazing...honestly, that's what people remember.
Same dress, same shoe. Different accessories and jacket.
Obviously this isn't anything formal for an event. but I am trying to make a point. Have you gotten that? haha. She wore it many times...and it looks different each time.
Let me know your thoughts b/c I know EVERYONE has their own opinion on this subject. I'd love to hear.
I think it's time to re-asses wardrobes. Use what you have for once. There is no such thing as "I have nothing to wear" (most of the time). You just need to work at it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











Well its nice to see that sometimes they are actually human! jaja
ReplyDelete♥ www.skippinginheels.blogspot.com
Shopping my closet is better (and cheaper) than shopping. Good to see celebs do it too
ReplyDeleteIf I love an item I will wear it constantly and not care haha!
ReplyDeleteAdèle – moltocuriosa.com♥
I love this post! I totally agree
ReplyDeletehehe i so agree that it's fine to wear the same thing lots, and i love that becky newton changed nothing at all!! hee hee x
ReplyDeletethey are so pretty and they have a lot nice clothes!
ReplyDeleteit´s kind of funny to see celebrities do it.. Cause most of them are known for wearing stuff only one or two times.
ReplyDeletei completely agree with this! finally someone has said it. its nice to see that they are people too :)
ReplyDeletehttp://ilovelivelondon.blogspot.com
i totally agree with you! its a nice topic to blog about and share your thoughts !! great post!
ReplyDelete