Target has always been known for its affordability but not always its ability to keep up with the new fashions, BUT it really is starting to catch up. They are making the smart choice of carrying designer's special lines designed specifically for them. I was in Target the other day so that I could check out a new line I heard they are carrying by Jean Paul Gaultier(!). Exciting! A designer like that at Target?! My budget screamed with delight :).
I walked into Target and yes ma'am...it is true! JPG is found! Here are some of my faves that I saw and totally wanted to grab up and purchase.
I am loving the yellow dress on the left- Spanish Mustard Halter Dress. In this picture it shows some sort of under-sleeve thingy...I don't like that. I did like the dress by itself though! This yellow dress retails at about $59. I think its perfect for this Spring & Summer.I don't know what the middle underwear/bikini bottom thing is all about (lol), but check out the other two! Light and flirty on the left & very cute Lace Trim Dress on the right (comes in different colors). Both of these retail around $34.99

The dress in the middle is actually separates put together! It is the Strapless Cloque Dress w/ the Faces Screen Print Top. I didn't think I would like those together, but it is growing on me! Very JPG. The dress retails at $59 and the top at $19.99.
The ensemble on the very right is super cute as well- Halter Eylet Dress w/ Pinstripe Vest ($29.99). It is more boho and fresh looking for the Spring/Summer. Cute cute cute!
http://www.target.com/Jean-Paul-Gaultier-Womens/b/ref=sc_iw_r_2_1/178-2949303-0633257?node=1294293011
So, tell me...what do you think of the new line? Would you buy it and rock it? I think its worth making the trip to good ol' Tarjaaayyy to check it out & see what you think. I was impressed & excited for affordable designer lines.
--> I would also check out Liberty of London for Target- a piece of London fashion & home has come stateside!- bold and vibrant patterns that you will love! Here's a peak...they even have bicycles!
http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/ref=sc_iw_r_2_1_0/?node=2241595011










Yeah but did you feel the material the dresses were made out of? Sorta trash bag-ish.
ReplyDeleteI didn't think they were bad...which dress did you find trash bag-ish?
ReplyDeleteMost of the Jean Paul Gaultier stuff- I looked at the sundresses.
ReplyDeleteI seee....weelll, I didn't feel a lot of the dresses...just a couple. Maybe they were...they are at Target. :-p I didn't think they were bad..especially for a designer at a good price.
ReplyDeleteI love the eyeball top and dress! So creeptastic.
ReplyDeleteI really digg your blog :) I like that bike!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see the Liberty of London stuff in stores :)
ReplyDeleteI just checked out the Liberty of London stuff - very cute! I love how Target gets in such cute lines. I love my Rodarte for Target dress I bought last winter!
ReplyDelete