Scarves are always in, in my opinion...but it does seem like they are making a big statement lately in the fashion world. You will find short ones, long ones, ones with patterns, some without, silky materials, etc etc...so many to choose from! I have found that on some days when I didn't know how to tie my outfit together I have grabbed a scarf, thrown it on and TA-DA!...I instantly added pizazz to my whole look. I guess the question now is how do you wear a scarf? Below I show you some examples on how scarves are being worn. You may find a style that really speaks to you.
Classic Brit- simple, clean & elegant. Take the scarf, double it over, wrap it around your neck and stick the end in through the loop. This style is really perfect with anything. You cannot go wrong!
Runway look-wrapped all the way around. This is a more dramatic style that I have seen on the runways. If you are a little more daring with your style, try it out! All you would need to do is continually loosely wrap a long scarf around your neck. When you run out of scarf, tuck the ends underneath to secure. The plus with this look is that it should keep your neck pretty warm! :)

Classic-loose loop in front (wrap scarf loosely around and tuck ends underneath big loop in front). A colorful/patterned scarf is best for this, b/c it is really becoming a major part of your outfit. I wouldn't pair it with a very colorfully patterned top...go more for a neutral or even a bold color that matches.
Boho fashion- loose, free and easy style. This is personally one of my favorite scarf looks. It is as simple as starting in the front, wrapping scarf around and then back to front...crossing in the back so that when you bring both ends to the front there is one on your left and the other on your right. This is a good look with jeans and big belts (like the picture!).
Now, scarves are not only for adorning your neck...scarves can also look amazing around your head! Go for more thin materials in scarves for this look, such as silks (you don't want a thick, winter scarf wrapped around you head. It might weigh you down :-p).

Classy, classy- this is simply lovely! I have yet to try this one out, but I want to! It reminds me of old, black & white movies starring Audrey Hepburn. Love it!
Free & easy- long, thing scarf tied around the head. This look reminds me of spring, jeans, and picnics!
Start thinking of scarves as the cheaper, simple way to jazz up an outfit. They don't only work in winter either. They work in all seasons! All you have to do is have different types and work with the different styles...even come up with your own?
You might find this link helpful in your endeavor to make scarves part of your style:
http://www.whowhatwear.com/website/wwwtv.php?id=5s5jqzdj5d








No comments:
Post a Comment
For kicks n' giggles!